About La Nube
We are on a mission to serve the many communities that make up the greater El Paso and Juarez region through engaging exhibitions as well as relevant and responsive programming. La Nube exists to enrich the lives of children and their families and thereby change our communities in positive ways. We are proud and grateful to have the opportunity to serve the incredible people of El Paso, Ciudad Juarez, and the Borderland region.
La Nube’s anticipated opening date is Fall 2023 with soft openings in the month prior to the official opening. The entire La Nube team will be hired, trained, and ready for the soft openings, and the VP of Talent and Culture will have a critical role in making this happen.
About the Role
The Vice President of Talent and Culture is an HR professional who enjoys helping people grow and succeed, and is captivated by the idea of building an organization from the ground up. Initially, you and your team will be building an inclusive internal culture—recruiting, onboarding, and communicating shared values. Long term, you and your team will provide truly human-centered resources and services.
Our internal team members are the heartbeat of our organization. Providing a professional environment, conditions and experience that is rewarding, joyful and fulfilling is every leader’s job. The Vice President of Talent and Culture will facilitate this culture and ensure that anti-racism, gender justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion are front and center. Initially this role will work side-by-side with the CEO and current team members to build organizational systems and hire the entire team that will operate La Nube and fulfill its purpose. The long haul is to thread and embed an equity approach throughout the organization. To be a responsive, relevant, effective, modern-day workplace, capacity building around race and gender equity and justice is key.
This job is for you if you are…
• Motivated and compelled by growth
• Ready to contribute to the evolution of workplace culture
• Excited to work on a team and with people that are mixed across race, religion, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and more
• A team player – Our success is based on what we do together; we need someone who enjoys working with internal and external teams to meet deadlines and develop/achieve goals
• Unflappable – a person committed to creative problem-solving, even under pressure
This job is for you if you…
• Embrace the values, purpose, and vision of La Nube
• Desire to both drive and execute projects
• Like to engage across multiple digital platforms
• Find joy in problem-solving, pivoting and finding solutions
• Smile easily and have a sense of humor
Because La Nube is a startup, you’ll be given lots of responsibility, and opportunities to shape the organization. We are at a pivotal moment in building the organization, and you must have the vision and drive to build a truly inclusive workplace culture. You must be collaborative, open-minded and creative.
We are hiring for many roles and this role will be instrumental in developing the process and practice of recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding new members of the organization. The ideal candidate is not looking to build a traditional team or structures. We are working to be different.
You will work alongside the CEO and other team members to seek out talent, hire, and onboard the entire La Nube team over the next six months.
Initially, you will work alongside the CEO, consultants, and team members to write job roles, determine compensation strategies, and set up the search process. Before and upon opening of La Nube, you will be prepared to lead the Talent and Culture team to ensure that we invest in people and make culture our top priority. You and your team will be responsible for all of the functions of HR, including putting full-cycle hiring practices into place, building and ensuring ongoing professional and personal development. You will be expected to regularly present data to the CEO and senior leadership to illustrate what we’re learning and where opportunities for growth exist.
You and your team will develop an ongoing training and professional development plan in collaboration with senior leadership that includes but is not limited to the following:
• Operational requirements: Safety, Active Shooter, Lost Child, Conflict Resolution, Guest Service, De-escalation Training
• Team Emotional Intelligence
• For the time being, your “desk” could be in any number of places—home, coffee shop, downtown office spaces. We just need you to be in a place with reliable cell phone access and high-speed internet. Prior to opening, we will be working as a team in a leased office space.
• If you do not currently own a laptop or phone, La Nube may be able to provide one prior to opening.
• You can expect a 40-hour work week, via phone/Zoom/email, but you are willing to invest the time needed to get the job done.
• We are very flexible for caregivers who might need to provide rides, support, attend appointments or be available for caregiving. Communication will be key!
• Positive attitude and a true interest in serving people inside and outside the organization
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the vision and purpose of La Nube
• Well-versed in HR practices, systems, and human resources law as evidence by education, training, and previous experience
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
• Be a team player
• Well-versed in DEIB
• Successful experience in managing people and projects
Nice to Have
• Strong portfolio of past experiences in HR
• Advance degree in a related field
• Comfortable working independently as we ramp up the staffing, structures, and policies
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Committed to keeping current on the changing nature of the modern workplace and DEIB
Why La Nube?
• The opportunity to join a talented team that is passionate about serving the children and families of El Paso and the Borderland region
• The opportunity to work within a team to shape the culture and build a great organization
• Personal and professional growth. We invest in people because we believe growth leads to organizational impact and personal fulfillment
• Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
• Flexible time-off policy
How to Apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to email@example.com including the name of the position in the email subject line.
Your application should be addressed to HR and include the following:
• An updated resume or CV with contact details: email address and phone number
• A cover letter and pay requirements
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that La Nube requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
La Nube is an equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, which includes providing equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.