About La Nube
We are on a mission to serve the many communities that make up the greater El Paso and Juarez region through engaging exhibitions as well as relevant and responsive programming. La Nube exists to enrich the lives of children and their families and thereby change our communities in positive ways. We are proud and grateful to have the opportunity to serve the incredible people of El Paso, Ciudad Juarez, and the Borderland region.
La Nube’s anticipated opening date is late 2023 with soft openings in the month prior to the official opening. The entire La Nube team will be hired, trained, and ready for the soft openings.
About the Role
The Vice President of Development & Stakeholder Relations is a seasoned and energetic fundraising professional who is passionate about La Nube’s mission and is captivated by the idea of building an organization from the ground up. Initially, you and your team will collaborate with museum leadership and Board of Directors to complete the museum’s capital campaign. Long term, you and your team will create and implement La Nube’s annual development plan; identifying and cultivating stakeholders across individual, corporate, foundation, government sectors to meet annual fundraising goals.
This job is for you if you…
Have a minimum 10 years of progressive experience in nonprofit fund development, with proven success in securing 6-figure gifts
Have demonstrated leadership skills, and successful track record of fundraising management
Have sound experience in implementing processes and systems to measure fundraising activity and accountability
Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with varied and changing constituencies including staff, Board of Directors, potential donors, volunteers, and others
Are an effective communicator, skilled at writing and speaking; adept at writing proposals, solicitation letters, donor correspondence, and other materials related to fundraising and relationship-building
Are connected to, and aware of, the high-net-worth community El Paso and the surrounding region
Are a team player – Our success is based on what we do together Unflappable – a person committed to creative problem-solving, even under pressure Smile easily and have a sense of humor.
Because La Nube is a startup, you’ll be given lots of responsibility, and opportunities to shape the organization. We are at a pivotal moment in building the organization, and you must have the vision and drive to secure the resources necessary to ensure the museum’s success prior to and after opening. You must be collaborative, creative and resourceful. Initially, you will work alongside the CEO, the Board of Directors and contracted consultants to develop and implement strategies to complete La Nube’s capital campaign. You will be integral in interviewing and hiring other members of the Development team, and creating workplans for pre-opening and Year 1 fundraising.
You will collaborate across the organization to plan opening events, communicate with stakeholders and create fundraising materials for pre- and post-opening.
You and your team, in collaboration with leadership, will create fundraising goals based on the realities of museum needs post-opening, including annual giving, corporate and foundation support as well as sponsorships and corporate memberships.
• For the time being, your “desk” could be in any number of places—home, coffee shop, downtown office spaces. We just need you to be in a place with reliable cell phone access and high-speed internet. Prior to opening, we will be working as a team in a leased office space.
• If you do not currently own a laptop or phone, La Nube may be able to provide one prior to opening.
• You can expect a 40-hour work week, via phone/Zoom/email, but you are willing to invest the time needed to get the job done.
• We are very flexible for caregivers who might need to provide rides, support, attend appointments or be available for caregiving. Communication is key!
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the vision and purpose of La Nube
• Exceptionally well versed in creating successful fundraising strategies and systems
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
• Be both a team player and team leader
Nice to Have
• Advance degree in a related field
• Comfortable working independently as we ramp up the staffing, structures, and policies
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Committed to keeping current on the changing nature of non-profit philanthropy and donor interests
Why La Nube?
• The opportunity to join a talented team that is passionate about serving the children and families of El Paso and the Borderland region
• The opportunity to work within a team to shape the culture and build a great organization
• Personal and professional growth. We invest in people because we believe growth leads to organizational impact and personal fulfillment
• Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
• Flexible time-off policy
How to Apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including the name of the position in the email subject line.
Your application should be addressed to HR and include the following:
• An updated resume or CV with contact details: email address and phone number
• A cover letter and pay requirements
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that La Nube requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
La Nube is an equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, which includes providing equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.